Snowsport Scotland is fully committed to safeguarding everybody involved in snowsports – we want children and adults to be safe from intimidation bullying or any form of abuse while taking part in snowsports.
For general help and advice on safeguarding in sport you can contact:
Safeguarding in Sport: www.safeguardinginsport.org.uk
To contact our lead safeguarding officer:
Telephone: 0131 625 4406
To find club guidance all in one place either visit the above website or click here to access the ‘Child Wellbeing & Protection in Sport – Club Guidance’ document from Safeguarding in Sport which includes help and templates for sports clubs.
Guidance and Resources
- Good Practice Guidelines
- Camp Welfare Officer Guidelines
- Procedure for Responding to concerns about a child
- Procedure for reviewing the management of concerns
- Self-Declaration Form
- GIRFEC and Wellbeing Indicators
- Social Media and Online Coaching Guidance
- Safeguarding in Sport Leaflet: https://www.children1st.org.uk/media/4813/safeguardinginsportleaflet.pdf
- Safeguarding in Sport Unit
- Children 1st
- Commissioner for Children and Young People
- Respect Me
- Anti Bullying Network
- Parentline Scotland
- Childline Scotland
- Snowsport Safeguarding Policy
- Snowsport Anti-Bullying Policy
Need help now?
If a child’s immediate safety is at risk, contact the local police or social work department for advice.