John Hynes Fund for Coach Education
The John Hynes funds was setup to assist with the funding of course fees for performance coaching qualifications. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria can access funding up to 50% (up to a maximum of £250) of the course fee on Snowsport Scotland run courses.
John Hynes was the Head Coach/Manager at Hillend Ski Centre for many years. He died in 1988 and this fund was set up in his memory.
- Applications may be submitted at any time by Member Clubs on the approved form.
- Applications must be submitted prior to candidates starting the respective course to which the funding will apply.
- Candidates must be actively engaged in delivering coaching for the member club making the application.
- Candidates must also commit to providing coaching services to the club for a minimum of 2 years after the course date.
- The fund is aimed at improving coaching qualifications and so only coaching courses are eligible for funding. Courses for which funding is available are set out in the footnote.
- The Member Club or the subject coach must provide matching funding.
- For one day courses, only the course fee may be funded.
- For residential courses, accommodation costs may also be funded. Travel and incidental expenses will not be funded.
- The Member Club must provide evidence of applications made to alternative funding sources (from the list of sources provided by SSS), and the outcome of such applications.
- Occasionally funding may be awarded for a Member Club to bring in an external coach to run a higher level course for its members. Such a course should normally be open to members of other clubs.
A sub-committee of the SSS Board administers the fund. The sub-committee will discuss applications at the next available committee meeting after the application has been received and will inform applicants of the outcome within a week of the meeting.
Footnote: Applications are welcome for the following courses:
- UK Snowsports Level 1 Performance Coach
- UK Snowsports Level 2 Performance Coach
- Nordic Coaching courses
To download an application form click here
For more information, contact our office: Tel: 0131 625 4406
E mail: email@example.com