First Aid training courses
A current 2 day outdoor first aid certificate is mandatory for all coaches leaders and instructors to remain licensed and insured.
Snowsport Scotland offers regular first aid training courses through its regional Snowsport Scotland Training Centres located around the country. Courses are specifically designed for the outdoor mountain environment and are delivered by our highly experienced ex-paramedic staff First Aid tutor Nicola Tannahill who also has long standing experience running a ski school.
SSS First Aid courses focus on ensuring you get relevant content for snowsports and all attendees that pass will receive a first-aid certificate valid for 3 years.
You will find scheduled first aid courses in the course calendar. For any enquiries please contact email@example.com or your local Snowsport Scotland Training Centre.
If you wish to use an external first aid course provider (eg BASP) the course must meet the following requirements to be eligible for UK Snowsports qualification licensing:-
- Duration: 2 Days (Min 12 hours)
- Environment Relevance: Mountain
- – Aims and Principles of First Aid, Safety, Infection Avoidance
– Incident Management, Assessing and Managing Your Casualty in The Outdoors
– Unresponsive Casualties, Basic Life Support and CPR, Recovery Position, Seizures, Choking, Drowning
– External Bleeding, Shock, Minor Injuries (Geared Towards a Remote Environment)
– Injuries to Bones, Muscles and Joints (Fractures, Dislocations, Sprains And Strains)
– Head and Spinal Injuries, Chest Injuries
– Tick Borne Infection
– Medical Emergencies (Heart Attack, AED – Defibrillator Training, Stroke, Epilepsy, Asthma, Diabetes)
– Cold Injuries Including Hypothermia – Other Outdoor Environmental Hazards, Hyperthermia
– First Aid Kits