Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All qualified snowsports coaches leaders and instructors are required to attend continuing professional development (CPD) training every 3 years in order to remain licensed and insured. If an individual fails to attend a CPD course within 3 years of qualifying their CPD “credential” will expire and their qualification will become invalid. This means they are no longer licensed or insured to operate.
CPD achieves two outcomes:-
- ADDITIONALITY: It broadens and extends the knowledge of the coach leader and instructor
- QUALITY: It assures quality of delivery by updating the individual with the latest information and best practice methodologies used in their role.
Courses that qualify as CPD
All Snowsport Scotland and UK Snowsport qualification training courses qualify as valid CPD courses (with the exception of First Aid).
In addition, a wide range of external courses are accepted as valid CPD provided they meet the test of being:-
- LEGITIMATE: (Delivered by accredited trainers/tutors, and bearing credible content and certification)
- RELEVANT: (Delivering skills relevant to the role that the individual undertakes on Snowsports)
- CURRENT: (Containing the very latest updates and best practice)
If you are thinking of attending an external course for your personal development and would like confirmation that it will qualify as CPD, please contact email@example.com before you book onto the course.
Uploading your CPD course attendance or pass certificate
After you have attended any CPD eligible course you will need to upload a copy of your course attendance or pass certificate to your profile on the Snowsport Scotland Sportlomo database. If you have not been provided with a certificate you can use this form.
To do this:-
- Login to your profile
- Click on the qualifications button
- Click on one of your qualifications
- On the row for your CPD credential click the far right “Up Arrow” icon/ button
- This will take you into a screen that allows you to upload an attachment and add a date and details
For help with this process see our help video in our Snowsmart library Please note that there is an admin fee of £20 for SSS to review, approve and update your CPD credential for any external CPD courses. This fee is waived for courses delivered by Snowsport England, Snowsport Wales or BASI.