Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All qualified instructors leaders and coaches should aspire to continually work towards developing their skills and extending their knowledge.
CPD training courses are the means by which qualified instructors leaders and coaches can continue to develop achieve this after they have become qualified and licensed. CPD achieves two outcomes:-
- ADDITIONALITY: It broadens and extends the knowledge of the coach leader and instructor
- QUALITY: It assures quality of delivery by updating the individual with the latest information and best practice methodologies used in their role.
All SSS and UK Snowsport licensed instructors leaders and coaches are required to attend at least one CPD training course in every 3 year period to retain their licensed status. If an individual fails to attend a CPD course in any 3 year period their qualification will become invalid.
Courses that qualify as CPD
All Snowsport Scotland and UK Snowsport qualification training courses qualify as valid CPD courses (with the exeption of First Aid).
In addition, a wide range of external courses are accepted as valid CPD provided they meet the test of being:-
- LEGITIMATE: (Delivered by accredited trainers/tutors, and bearing credible content and certification)
- RELEVANT: (Delivering skills relevant to the role that the individual undertakes on Snowsports)
- CURRENT: (Containing the very latest updates and best practice)
If you are thinking of attending an external course for your personal development and would like confirmation that it will qualify as CPD, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you book onto the course.
Once you have attended any CPD training course you will need to upload a PDF copy of your course attendance or pass certificate to your profile on the Snowsport Scotland Sportlomo database.
To do this:-
- Login to your profile
- Click on the qualifications button
- Click on one of your qualifications
- On the row for your CPD credential click the far right “Up Arrow” icon/ button
- This will take you into a screen that allows you to upload an attachment and add a date and details
Please note that there is an admin fee of £20 for SSS to review, approve and update your CPD credential for any external CPD courses. This fee is waived for courses delivered by Snowsport England, Snowsport Wales or BASI.