Accredited Alpine Course Setters
The alpine course setter’s policy below relates to the persons accredited to set courses for official national and regional alpine races. The policy does not apply for course setting for training purposes or for any local club, bairns or school race events, which can be undertaken by any licensed Alpine L2 Club Coach, Alpine L1 Foundation Coach that has also completed their UK Snowsports course setting CPD module, or Coach who has proven track record in course setting and is accredited on the course setters list by Snowsport Scotland.
SNOWSPORT SCOTLAND COURSE SETTER POLICY:
In line with GB Snowsport policy, only accredited course setters are permitted to set courses for official national and regional alpine races.
In alignment with Snowsport England, Snowsport Scotland hold a two course setter lists, with specific rights granted to names on each list.
- A LIST course setter are accredited to set courses for all levels of British Alpine racing (excluding SG and DH which is case by case).
- B LIST course setter are accredited to set courses for unseeded British Alpine racing or seeded races where they are directly supervised by an accredited A LIST setter.
For approval to be added to the A list: Candidate must set at least three Club National and/or GBR courses at two different slopes under supervision of an existing accredited A LIST setter. They must then submit all the written approvals (from the supervising setters and juries) to Snowsport Scotland for consideration by the Alpine Head Coach (Mark Vinter) and Alpine committee. If approved the individual will become accredited and added to the A LIST course setters’ list.
For approval to be added to the B list: Individuals must set two courses under direct supervision from an accredited A LIST setter and have courses reviewed by race jury. They must then submit both written approvals (from the supervising A LIST setter and race juries) to Snowsport Scotland for consideration by the Alpine Head Coach (Mark Vinter) and Alpine committee. If approved the individual will become accredited and added to the B LIST course setters’ list.
Revalidation: After two years the candidate’s accreditation will fall due for renewal. To be revalidated the candidate must –
- Continue to hold a current Snowsport Scotland Coach/Leader/Instructor membership;
- Continue to hold a current and valid Alpine L2 Club Race Coach qualification and be engaged in delivering a coaching programme, or equivalent;
- Upload proof confirming at least two course sets (at the right level) within the last two years.